Is blogging still a thing?
Blogging started initially as a creative outlet for many aspiring writers- think food bloggers, travel bloggers, and parenting bloggers. Now it’s a staple marketing tool used by businesses in all industries, as a way to communicate with their audience. 68% of marketers believe that blogging for your business is more useful now than it was two years ago.
So, why have a blog in 2020?
- Position yourself as an expert in your industry – Blogging allows you to connect with your site visitors. This can be accomplished by asking your readers questions at the end of your posts to get the conversation going or by allowing comments and feedback. By reviewing and responding to readers’ comments, you can create a rapport with your audience, build trust, and gain valuable insight into what your customers need.
- Build your brand – us your blog to create a voice for your business. This allows your followers to get to know you and your work.
- 60% of bloggers who are posting daily, reported solid returns.
- According to HubSpot, companies publishing 16+ blog posts per month secured 3.5 times more traffic than those with four or fewer posts per month.
- Articles with an image once every 75-100 words get shared twice as one without.
- Our minds process visuals 60,000 times faster compared to text, which means blog posts with images get 94% more shares as compared. You can use copyright-free photos from sites like UnSplash and Pexels.
- 60% of consumers feel connected to a brand after reading custom content.
- 61% of US consumers have made a purchase based on a blog post.
- B2B companies with blogs get 67% more leads than those without a blog.
- Grow your email list and generate leads – You can leverage your blog to get emails from interested leads by asking them to subscribe to your blog posts. Those emails can then be used for marketing purposes to increase touchpoints. Not only will they regularly see your blog posts, but the door is also now open for email marketing opportunities to promote your business, send special promotions, and more.
- Create an opportunity for sharing (personally I believe this is the most critical reason to have a blog) – Every time you blog, you create an opportunity for your audience to share your blog with others. Whether they link to your blog post, tweet it, or email it to others, it’s free marketing, and it further validates you as a credible business. This is a domino effect to more followers, more email addresses, more leads, and, ultimately more sales.
- Increase traffic to your website – Every time someone clicks to read your blog – they are a new visitor to your website. This increases the opportunity for readers to explore other areas of your site and get a better understanding of the products and services you offer, eventually resulting in more revenue for your business.
Clearly, blogging is beneficial no matter where your customers are in the purchasing process. Effective blogging will help you start attracting and nurturing leads, then capturing and engaging new customers.
Don’t know where to start? We can help! Call us today for a free consultation on where to begin 828.209.8066.