What does COVID-19 mean for Greenstone Media?
We wanted to reach out and share with you what we are doing in response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak in order to ensure service continuity.
Our two priorities right now are providing continued and uninterrupted service to our customers and maintaining the safety and well-being of our employees. To ensure that our team remains healthy and fully functional we have done the following:
100% home office for all:
This week we switched to remote work entirely and we all work from the safety of our homes now. To make things easier all Greenstone Media employees were encouraged to take company’s equipment home, so that they can create a comfortable and efficient workspace.
100% ready infrastructure:
Our infrastructure has been completely ready for the massive work-from-home situation long before the coronavirus outbreak. We have always provided remote work options and many of our employees have taken advantage over the years. So the system has been used, tested and ready for this situation.
Keeping the human touch:
We are all aware of the challenges of social isolation. To combat the negative effects this can have, we are organizing regular video calls within and across the teams to actually see each other and keep the morale high.
We continue to run our operations as normal and we do not anticipate any disruption. We are doing our best to ensure the usual availability, quality and speed of our customer service. However, we would like to thank you for your understanding in case of occasional delays in our support answers. After all, this is an extraordinary situation and it might take us some time until we get fully used to it.
Need some tips for Organizing your team for working remotely? Here are some free tips:
- Use Zoom conference calls for internal and external meetings by video. Zoom Training can be found here
- Use your headphones for better audio when using Zoom or conference call provider
- Mute yourself when on the conference call and not speaking. Avoid speaking when someone else is speaking 🙂
- Access your Zoom account before you leave and set a test meeting if you haven’t previously used Zoom
- Slack is great online chat tool for managing your team’s communication and tools in one place, remote teams will stay productive no matter where you’re working from.
- Stock up on coffee and any other supplies you may need (avoid overbuying).
- Unable to find any necessities? Reach out to our CEO, Chase, there may be extras (yes, including the beloved TP!)
- We’re don’t pretend to be experts on COVID-19. For more tips and info on the Coronavirus, we recommend visiting: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/
We wish you health, safety, and peace for you, your team, and family!
The Greenstone Media Team