About Our Company
Greenstone Media is Asheville’s largest and fastest growing digital agency. Greenstone was founded in 2013 and has more than doubled in growth every year. We believe this growth comes from the excellent team members who contribute their talents and work ethic to our clients. Greenstone Media has Three Digital Department services; Digital Marketing, Website Development, and Custom Software (Mobile and Web Apps). With a full suite of technical talent and top notch customer service, Greenstone Media is a fast-growing, dynamic, and fun agency for someone to grow in.
About This Position
We are currently looking to fill a Web Specialist / Project Manager position. We are in need of someone that has great organizational skills, and can communicate well with clients, designers and developers. Ideally we are looking for someone that is familiar with the Web Application development process and has worked on customizing WordPress themes. Other great skills would be an eye for design and proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite. Your main responsibility would be to partake in consultations, create meaningful strategy for clients’ visions, write proposals for projects, set up projects with Wireframes, Design Mockups, and help with maintenance on current websites. You will be the first-in-line for communication on projects and will be responsible of keeping web projects on task. Depending on your technical skill set and ambition, there is opportunity for growth to become a Front-End Engineer for websites and web applications.
• A Great Communicator, both verbal and written
• Very Organized
• Strong knowledge of HTML5/CSS3
• Strong knowledge of Project Management Software i.e Teamwork or Base Camp
• Understanding of the entire web development process
• Comfortable working on WordPress, using plugins, editing stylesheets, etc.
• Willingness to learn Shopify
• Able to use Photoshop and Illustrator
• Willingness to learn and solve problems
• Comfortable working with cPanel, FTP and DNS
• Rooted with UX/UI principles
• Quality Assured Testing Practices
• Mobile Responsive development, working with CSS Grid Frameworks and Media Queries
• A Graphic Design Portfolio
• Proficiency with Sketch
• Proficiency with Trello
• Understanding of MVC Model
• Any programming knowledge, like PHP for WordPress or Laravel
• Knowledge of Sass/Less
• Knowledge of Git Hub
• Worked with Beaver Builder, WooCommerce and/or Gravity Forms
• Shopify or eCommerce Experience
• Can optimize on page SEO
• Content Strategy
• Previous experience at a full service digital agency
You will need to provide your own computer, preferably Mac.
Starting compensation is $15 - $25 per hour based on experience with 20-30 hours per week. Hourly pay increase and/or salary negotiable after 3 months.
Greenstone Media is located in a private office in a CoWorking building that welcomes in different talent from non-profits, game developers and writers. We are a young team and like to keep the atmosphere around the office collaborative, casual and inclusive. A good fit in our space is someone that is easy going, committed to client success, and dedicated to delivering quality work in a timely manner. We want each team member to keep learning and improving their strengths.
• Send a resume and portfolio if available.
• Provide one - two paragraphs why you think you would be a good fit for our team.
• Have references available if requested.