About Our Company:
Greenstone Media is one of Asheville’s fastest growing Web Agencies. We offer services for custom CMS websites, eCommerce Websites, Web and Mobile Applications, and Digital Marketing Campaigns. We work with a variety of clients, local and national, including hospitals, manufacturing companies, startups, retreat centers, coaching networks, eCommerce shops, and more. What sets our company apart is that each team member wears a lot of hats and has significant value in the company. We establish relationships with our clients to provide full-service digital assistance from hosting and maintenance to launching brand new web projects to SEO and digital marketing. Please visit us at greenstoneagency.com for more information.
About This Position:
The Project Manager will craft strategic project plans and task breakdowns for custom software projects. They should be able to listen to client’s objectives and determine the technical features and user flow required to meet the project goals. The Project Manager is first to interact with clients and should have a strong commitment to excellent customer service, satisfaction, and clear communication. PM also should have a strong sense of collaboration with technical input from team members and can lead projects from start to finish. Project plans should incorporate iterative milestones, illuminate project risks, align delivery with set timelines and budgets, and account for resourcing availability.
- Successfully execute project plans by exhibiting ownership of task assignments to assigned project personnel, proactively removing blockers, and ensuring alignment of production output with expected milestones.
- Set up and monitor project budgets and timelines.
- Schedule client meetings, send follow-up emails, and coordinate internal development discussions.
- Deliver thoughtful, routine, comprehensive client updates and lead communication throughout for each step of a project.
- Lead consultations with prospective software clients with attentive listening and enthusiasm for what is possible. Take accurate notes to define all project and business goals.
- Write proposals for new clients that are in alignment with Greenstone Media’s specialization and the prospective project’s goals.
- Act as the day-to-day Project Manager for 2 - 4 active client projects, exhibiting ownership over all client meetings, written status updates, demos, and iterative scope / expectation management.
- Possess superior project awareness at all times, proactively tracking project budget and scope, identifying risks and mitigation paths.
- Ensure superior quality deliverables by engaging cross-discipline leadership, enforcing rigorous QA processes and standards, and taking ownership of end to end delivery and client satisfaction.
- Work with team members to strategize and create software planning documents including user flows, data models, tech stack, 3rd party integration reviews, and software specification documents.
- Leverage Greenstone Media tools, standards, and processes in all client work. Maintain highly collaborative relationships with technical, design, and strategic team members to achieve elite project outcomes.
- Lead discovery engagements (onsite and remotely) that expertly define cross-discipline project requirements. Translate requirements into comprehensive project approaches / plans that align with established timelines and budgets and can be executed successfully by project teams.
- Demonstrate an expert understanding of underlying client business goals and objectives.
- Demonstrate a consultative, client-focused approach that emanates expertise, professionalism, and transparency.
- Demonstrate an ability and a passion to identify user-centered strategies and workflows that are conventional, innovative and in alignment with state-of-the-art software.
- Deliver verbal and written project-centric feedback to personnel, celebrating successes and identifying any misalignments with expectations. Consistently provide visibility to the Team Lead when delivering this feedback.
An understanding of core Greenstone Media services and ability to leverage these disciplines to deliver successful client outcomes and maximize Greenstone offerings for each client project.
- Experience with the WordPress platform.
- A practical understanding of a MVC model and rapid web application frameworks (Such as Laravel, Rails, Yii, WordPress etc).
- An ability to interpret API documentation and discover data integration pathways and limitations.
- Excellent application of Greenstone Media processes, standards, and tools across projects. This includes adapting Greenstone best practices for Google Drive, JIRA, Harvest,Teamwork, Github and other collaboration tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, both internally and externally.
- Proactive understanding of leading custom software projects from start to finish.
- Willingness and eagerness to adapt to team processes.
- Can work in Asheville office Monday - Friday.
Nice to have
2+ years of project management experience delivering full scope web and software projects for enterprise clients, ideally in an agency environment.
- Agile workflow best practices
- Lean development understanding
- Scrum certification or equivalent experience.
- Mac Computer
Greenstone Media is located in a private office in a CoWorking building that welcomes in different talent from non-profits, game developers and writers. We are a young team and like to keep the atmosphere around the office collaborative, casual and inclusive. A good fit in our team would be someone that is easy going, committed to client success, and dedicated to delivering quality results in a timely manner. We do like to have fun on the job and set up company retreat days a few times a year. We want each team member to keep improving their strengths and moving forward in their career path.
- Professional development stipend
- Competitive pay
- Paid time off & holidays
- Access to Co-Working space
• Send a resume
• Provide one or two paragraphs of what you think you could offer our company.
• Have references available if requested.